Crosstown Rebels celebrate seven years at the helm of some of the most cutting edge dance music on the planet with a compilation of their finest moments and a taste of what is yet to come.
Spanning three discs, thirty artists and three hours of inspirational music, Rebel Rave celebrates the current position of Crosstown Rebels as a global leader in electronic music output. Following in the footsteps of landmark albums including the ‘Rebel Futurism’ and ‘Get Lost’ compilation series, they collate some of the finest releases from the likes of Jamie Jones, Seth Troxler, and Soul Clap.
Focusing on their most recent achievements and new artists including Deniz Kurtel, Maceo Plex, and Glimpse, Rebel Rave also touches on some key classic releases from Andre Kraml, Minilogue, and Jennifer Cardini, giving a representation of the collective vision of this unique global family. Uncovering exclusive material from Nicolas Jaar (who remixes future Rebel artist, Maceo Plex), one half of Wolf+Lamb Gadi Mizrahi (remixing the anthem that broke Seth Troxler ‘Love Never Sleeps’) and a special Rebel Rave edit of Rebels’ anthemic Laurent Garnier release.
Disc one and two are collections of musical diversity, touching on early dubstep (Shackleton ‘Next To Nothing’), pure retro sounding house from an original house master (Dyed Soundorom VS Aaron Carl ‘Naked’), to space disco (Brennan Green’s take on Luke Solomon’s ‘Demons’), with many exclusive collaborations (The Royal We AKA Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson & Hector ‘Party Guilt’) and award winning music (Minilogue ‘Hitchhiker’s Choice’ which was awarded a CAD for the video).
Disc three is a special collation of Crosstown’s material by Rebel recruit, Clive Henry, who overlaps and recreates his selection of tracks to deliver them in a whole new light. Henry is a long term resident at Ibiza’s infamous DC10 and was part of the long-standing Peace Division outfit, who also released on the label. His 20 years of experience have awarded him a unique insight into the current underground musical horizon and as one of the oldest and closest friends of Crosstown Rebels, he gives a dynamic perspective on its history.
Rebel Rave (www.rebelrave.tv) was spawned by a series of forward-thinking films, documenting the Rebel crew’s antics and delving into their musical souls. Starting in 2008, Rebel Rave has followed the Crosstown Rebels family from London to Paris, Manchester to Berlin, New York to Detroit via Miami and San Francisco, each episode giving an honest snapshot of inside the Rebels quirky world. This year the Rebel Rave tour took the family of artists across America and Europe.
Crosstown Rebels was formed in 2003 by former Head of A&R for London based label, City Rockers, Damian Lazarus, who was responsible for signing and releasing classics like Felix Da Housecat's ‘Silver Screen’ and Tiga's ‘Sunglasses’. Inspired by the new energy in international club culture and keen for some of the new and exciting electronic artists to get the attention they deserve, Lazarus formed his own label and has been delivering fresh concepts and ideas into the underground scene ever since. From dazzling events across all corners the globe including the Stink series at T Bar and DC10, room takeovers at Fabric in London and Goa in Madrid, the Rebels sound is admired and devoured from Montreal to Peru, Japan to Australia and all over Europe their fans await their next move.
Tracklisting - CD1
01. The Royal We - Party Guilt
02. Deniz Kurtel featuring Guests Of Nature - Yeah
03. Seth Troxler - Love Never Sleeps (Gadi Mizrahi Remix) Exclusive
04. Glimpse - If I Was Your Girl (Simon Baker’s Piano Workout Mix)
05. Dyed Soundorom featuring Aaron Carl - Naked
06. Butane - Inferno Jack (Anja Schneider Remix)
07. Luke Solomon - Demons (Brennan Green Remix)
08. Chic Miniature - Escandalo
09. Mlle Caro & Franck Garcia – Far Away
10. Soul Clap – Action/Satisfaction
11. Maceo Plex - Gravy Train (Nicolas Jaar Remix) Exclusive
01. Minilogue - Hitchhikers Choice
02. N/A featuring Rosina - Fables And Fairytales (Deniz Kurtel Remix)
03. Peace Division featuring Pleasant Gehman - Voodoo (It’s In The Wall)
04. Jennifer Cardini & Shonky - Tuesday Paranoia
05. Jamie Jones – You!
06. Hiem – She’s The One
07. Riz MC – Don’t Sleep (Tiefschwarz Remix)
08. Rob Mello - Does It Feel Good Baby? (Vocal Mix)
09. Different Gear – One Thing More
10. Laurent Garnier - Stargazing (Rebel Rave Edit) Exclusive
11. Shackleton featuring Jackson Del Ray - Next to Nothing
CD3 Clive Henry’s Rebel Rave DJ Mix
01. George Thompson - Laid Back Snack Attack (Accapella) / Andre Kraml- Safari
02. Pier Bucci – Polaris / Dan Berkson - Circuits
03. Seth Troxler- Love Never Sleeps (Par Grindvik Remix - Clive Henry & Alex Arnout Re Edit) / Seth Troxler- Love Never Sleeps (Accapella)
04. The Royal We - Party Guilt (Accapella) / The Royal We - Party Guilt (Matthew Styles Remix)
05. Dyed Soundorom - Beautiful Eva / Deniz Kurtel - Yeah
06. Glimpse - If I Was Your Girl (Tom Demac's Hotel Basement Remix - Clive Henry & Alex Arnout Re Edit)
07. Jamie Jones- Acerola / Jennifer Cardini - Tuesday Paranoia (Accapella)
08. Frankie Flowers - The Key (Clive Henry & Alex Arnout Re Edit) / Different Gear - One Thing More (Accapella)
09. Glimpse- If I was Your Girl (Beats Mix)
10. Peace Division - No Junk No Soul / Butane - Inferno Jack / Different Gear- One More Thing (Accapella) / Seth Troxler- Love Never Sleeps (Strings)
11. Shackleton - Next To Nothing (Exercise One Remix)
12. Dyed Soundorom- Naked / Naked (Accapella Clive Henry & Alex Arnout Re Edit)
13. Jamie Jones- Mexico